Other Available Courses
Comprehensive two day course offering first aid and cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for those who need training due to work requirements or who want more knowledge to respond to emergencies at home. Includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines. Meets federal and a variety of provincial/ territorial standards for Standard First Aid and CPR. Exceeds competitor’s standards by including injury prevention content, CPR and AED.
- 14-16 hours. We offer flexible scheduling options.
- 100% attendance, Skills demonstration and 75% min passing grade on written exam
- 3 year certification in Standard First Aid, CPR level A, C, or HCP and AED
- Recertification 6-8 hours; includes CPR level C, adheres to local legislation
Course content includes:
- Preparing to respond
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Wound care.
- Head and spine injuries
- Bone, Muscle and Joint injuries
- Sudden Medical emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Includes any other content required by specific legislation
- Red Cross First Aid and CPR Manual
- Certification Card.